Obion County Emergency Communications District (E-911) is the official addressing authority for all rural areas of Obion County and inside the town limits of Woodland Mills and Rives.

We can only address habitable structures or buildings or where such will be constructed, not undeveloped land, property, or lots.

The only exception is if a subdivision or multi-dwelling establishment is being developed and a proper development plan has been approved and submitted for addressing in advance of construction.

If you are planning to build a structure or move a home to a property and need a 911 address, the process is simple and free:


1. Call the 911 business line at 731-885-3316 OR come by the office located at 426 S. Home St. in Union City, TN OR submit the online request form here.

2. Have the following information ready:

A. Your Name

B. Your Contact Information (Home, Work, Cell #s)

C. Road Name where structure is/will be constructed

D. What is at location for us to measure to? Do you have stakes/flags*? Foundation? Footer? House/trailer? *Note: stakes/flags must mark where the structure will sit, NOT the corners of the property or lot.

E. Can the item(s) be seen from the road/street?

F. Names/Addresses of the closest neighbors on both sides of the property to be addressed.


Once an address request is received, weather permitting, the time for the address to be issued is 10 business days.


For security reasons, the addressing personnel may not exit their vehicle for any reason, such as unlocking gates, nor do they make appointments to meet persons to be shown locations to be addressed. If the item to be addressed cannot be found, an additional 10 business days may be added before the address can be issued.


If you have any questions, please contact us.

How to Get a 911 Address